Breakfast Naan PizzaRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Pizza for breakfast is underrated. With its crispy crust, hearty toppings and melty cheese, it seems there is no better way to start the day. We put a morning time spin on this Italian classic by swapping out your average toppings with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. It’s got all the delicious flavors of your favorite breakfast sandwich combined with a nutritious, almond flour-based naan crust. Enjoy your pie under the morning sky with this unique, low carb recipe!
To make this fabulous flatbread, get started by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and line a quarter sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, tapioca flour and baking powder and add dried rosemary and buttermilk. Whisk the ingredients together until well-combined and pour the batter onto your prepared sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove the naan bread from the oven and poke holes all over with the tip of a fork.
Now that your pizza base is ready, it’s time to prepare your toppings! Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and cook your bacon for about eight minutes, flipping half-way through the cooking time. Once crispy, set the bacon aside and whisk together eggs and your remaining buttermilk in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In the same skillet used to cook your bacon, melt a tablespoon of butter and pour in your egg-mixture. Cook the eggs to a scramble over medium heat for about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper and spread the scrambled eggs over your naan bread, followed by the cooked bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Finish your pizza in the oven for about four minutes until the cheese is melted. Slice into six equal-sized pieces and enjoy your Breakfast Naan Pizza!
Pro tip: This recipe is very versatile, so get creative! Top your delicious pizza with a serving of non-starchy veggies, like sliced onions, red bell peppers and tomatoes. You can also turn this Breakfast Naan Pizza into a delicious dinner with your favorite toppings. Swap out the bacon and eggs with another hearty Protein, like sliced grilled chicken, steak, pepperoni or sausage. Throw on a sugar-free tomato sauce and substitute mozzarella cheese for a classic pie that tastes like it’s from your favorite pizzeria.
To make the delicious base of this pizza, we use a combination of almond and tapioca flour. Here at The Palm Weight Loss Blog, almond flour is one of our favorite keto friendly flours. We feature it many of our low carb recipes, such as our Almond Flour Keto Bread, Keto Meatloaf and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Curious about healthy flour alternatives? Click the link below to learn about six of our favorite gluten free flours:
One serving of this Breakfast Naan Pizza contains 313 calories and 13 grams of net carbs. It counts as one Protein, one Healthy Fat and two Extras on the South Beach Diet program. Keep track of your calories and net carbs by using the South Beach Diet Tracker app! With the easy-to-use journal and handy macro tracker, it’s the best app for your keto friendly diet plan.
Looking for more delicious ways to start your morning? Check out these other keto friendly breakfast recipes:
- Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Blueberry Muffins >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Mug Omelet: Quick Microwave Eggs >
- No-Bake Overnight Chia Pudding >
We know it can be hard to prepare a healthy, low carb breakfast every morning. You’re busy, which is why the South Beach Diet makes delicious fully prepared meals delivered directly to your door! Not up for making your own flatbread? Stock up on our ready-to-go Garlic Cheese Flatbread and swap it into this tasty recipe.
Our A La Carte store is filled with high protein breakfast options for your busy schedule. You’ll love our Farmstand Garden & Cheese Omelet, Vegetable Frittata and High Protein Pancake Mix. Click here to fill your kitchen with delicious and nutritious meals! >
Eat clean and get healthy with low carb meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Extras
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a quarter sheet pan or 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift almond flour, tapioca flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add rosemary and ¾ cup buttermilk. Whisk until combined.
- Pour batter onto prepared sheet pan. Transfer pan to oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and poke holes all over naan bread with the tip of a fork. Set aside and keep oven on.
- Heat bacon in a skillet over medium high. Cook 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and remaining buttermilk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add butter to skillet used for bacon over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until just set, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread scrambled eggs over naan bread. Crumble bacon on top then sprinkle with cheese.
- Return sheet pan to oven for 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy warm.