Despite what you’ve heard, you CAN enjoy fresh, homemade bread on a low-carb diet. This delicious bread is made with an almond flour base and only seven simple ingredients.
From sandwiches and paninis to French toast and bread pudding, there is no shortage of ideas for you to utilize this recipe. A healthy bread alternative can make your low-carb diet a breeze and allow you to continue to enjoy your favorite meals and snacks. We use almond flour to make this loaf. However, there are a variety of other flours that you can use when baking. Click the link below to read up on some of our favorites:
One serving of this Almond Flour Bread contains 160 calories. Feel free to top your loaf with a medley of seeds for extra crunch, such as a combination of chia seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds.
This Almond Flour Bread is very versatile. Get creative and try adding it to these other recipes:
- Use it as the base in this low-carb Sausage Stuffing >
- Make a sandwich with this Avocado Shrimp Burger >
- Swap out the multigrain bread in our Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo >
- Substitute the whole wheat tortillas in these Adobo Style Steak Wraps >
- Make a breakfast sandwich filled with our Smoked Salmon Scramble >
- Enjoy a sweet start to your day eating Almond French Toast with Warm Blueberry Syrup >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 2 slices)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 6 large eggs
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum (optional - helps to keep bread from crumbling)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Using a mixer, whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a seperate large bowl, beat the egg yolks with melted butter (cooled), almond flour, baking powder and salt. Optional: Add the xanthan gum to this mixture.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg white mixture until fully incorporated. Repeat with remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes until the top is slightly golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
- Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into 12 equal slices.