Peanut Butter PancakesRecipe posted in: Breakfast
There is no better start to the day than waking up to a stack of warm flapjacks. Try these peanut butter pancakes made with a zucchini and almond flour base.
If you’re on a low carb diet, you may think that fluffy pancakes are off-limits for your breakfast menu. However, we created a keto-friendly version filled with healthy and gluten free ingredients. By simply swapping out regular flour with almond flour, you can turn many recipes into a lower carb alternative. We added zucchini and peanut butter to the mix, creating a unique pancake filled with healthy fats and fiber.
To make these keto-friendly pancakes, start with mixing up your batter and combining almond flour, natural peanut butter, eggs, zucchini, baking powder, salt, stevia, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a blender. Blend the batter until it’s smooth. Prep a large pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it over medium heat. Using a quarter cup measuring cup, pour your batter into the skillet creating pancakes. Cook each pancake until bubbles start to form in the batter, about two to three minutes per side. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another minute until golden. Stack your finished pancakes on a plate and serve warm.
One serving of these Keto-Friendly Peanut Butter Pancakes is 290 calories and counts as two Healthy Fats and one Protein on the South Beach program. Feel free to pile on your favorite keto-friendly toppings such as peanut butter, berries, nuts or plain Greek yogurt. Just make sure to count anything you add towards your Healthy Fats, Lean Proteins or Good Carbs for the day. To keep track of your pancakes, make sure to log them in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! Track your way to success here >
Check out these other South Beach Diet-approved recipes to start your day:
- Breakfast Popovers with Parmesan >
- Breakfast Tacos >
- Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Muffins >
- Keto-Friendly Cinnamon Rolls >
- Almond French Toast with Warm Blueberry Syrup >
If you don’t feel like making your own pancake batter, South Beach Diet is here to help! Order our High Protein Pancake Mix >
Want more healthy and high protein breakfasts? South Beach Diet has a plan for you! Get started with a program today >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (3 pancakes = 1 serving)
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1/2 cup creamy, natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the pan to create pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on the batter, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip using a spatula and continue to cook for another minute.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all the batter is used.
- Serve with desired toppings.