Peanut Butter PancakesRecipe posted in: Breakfast
There is no better start to the day than waking up to a stack of warm flapjacks. Try these low-carb Peanut Butter Pancakes made with a nutrient-rich zucchini and almond flour base.
If you’re on a low-carb diet, you may think that fluffy pancakes are off-limits for your breakfast menu. However, we created a South Beach Diet-friendly version filled with healthy and gluten free ingredients. By simply swapping out regular flour with almond flour, you can turn many recipes into a lower carb alternative. We added zucchini and peanut butter to the mix, creating a unique pancake filled with healthy fats and fiber.
To make these low-carb pancakes, start with mixing up your batter and combining almond flour, natural peanut butter, eggs, zucchini, baking powder, salt, stevia, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a blender. Blend the batter until it’s smooth. Prep a large pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it over medium heat. Using a quarter cup measuring cup, pour your batter into the skillet creating pancakes. Cook each healthy pancake until bubbles start to form in the batter, about two to three minutes per side. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another minute until golden. Stack your finished low carb pancakes on a plate and serve them warm. They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a sweet yet healthy dinner.
One serving of these Peanut Butter Pancakes is 290 calories. Feel free to pile on your favorite low-carb toppings such as peanut butter, berries, nuts or plain Greek yogurt.
Check out these other South Beach Diet-approved recipes to start your day:
- Breakfast Popovers with Parmesan >
- Breakfast Tacos >
- Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Muffins >
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins >
- Almond French Toast with Warm Blueberry Syrup >
You need more than just a healthy breakfast to stay fit. Check out these Morning Habits For Weight Loss and start the day off right!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (3 pancakes = 1 serving)
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- ½ cup creamy, natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup almond flour
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the pan to create pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on the batter, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip using a spatula and continue to cook for another minute.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all the batter is used.
- Serve with desired toppings.