Spinach and Artichoke Quiche CupsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Spinach and artichoke dip is a popular appetizer that is usually filled with unhealthy ingredients. However, we turned this favorite starter into the perfect start to your day! Jam-packed with veggies, bacon and cheese, these Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups are a grab-and-go breakfast that your whole family will love.
If you need a quick and easy way to get in your morning protein and healthy fats, these little egg muffins are your answer! Avoid the morning rush by prepping enough quiche cups to enjoy for the whole week. They can easily be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Get creative and switch up the vegetables every week so you never get bored of this morning time classic.
Spinach and artichokes are a nutritious pair! Enjoy the delicious duo in our recipes for Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast. We also offer a frozen Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast that is ready to enjoy in minutes!
One serving of these Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups contains 230 calories and 11 grams of net carbs. Ensure you stay within your daily calorie and net carb goals by logging your breakfast in the South Beach Diet Tracker app! Keep track of your food intake and stay up-to-date with everything South Beach Diet.
No time for cooking? No problem! You can get fully-prepared egg breakfasts delivered right to your door with the South Beach Diet. Stock up on our Florentine Omelet, Vegetable Frittata and Mushroom & Pepper Egg White Omelet! Click here to fill your freezer with healthy breakfasts >
Enjoy losing weight with healthy, keto friendly meals! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 1 quiche cup)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon (5-6 slices) or pancetta, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp. shredded kefalotiri or Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners (or grease lightly with butter) and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and scallions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the artichoke hearts, bacon, roasted peppers and spinach. Cook for 1 minute until the spinach has just wilted.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the eggs and cream. Stir in the olives, oregano and feta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, divide the mixture among the prepared cups, filling until about 1/4-inch from the top.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden and the eggs are set.
- Remove quiche cups from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.