Mug Omelet: Quick Microwave EggsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Did you know you can microwave eggs?!
There’s no arguing that eggs are one of the most nutritious ways to start your day, according to the most recent research. And now, you can enjoy a warm, hearty, healthy breakfast in a jiff! Veggie Scrambled Microwave Eggs are a flavorful combination of bell pepper, spinach, tomato, olives and, of course… salty feta cheese. Finish it all off with Italian spices and you’ll be happy you chose to start your day with this egg-cellent breakfast.
The Vegetable and Extra serving are just bonuses to make this a breakfast fit for a high-protein dieting king (or queen).
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- ¾ cup spinach, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olives, black or green with pit
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- Sprinkle of herbs of Italy seasoning blend (or pepper to taste)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare your vegetables by cleaning them. Chop the spinach and dice the peppers and tomatoes finely. Now would also be a good time to cut up your olives (unless purchased pre-sliced).
- Spray a large microwave-safe coffee mug lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Add the vegetables (not the olives) and microwave on high for about a minute or until vegetables are softened. Drain any excess liquid from the mug when finished cooking.
- Crack the eggs into the mug, add the almond milk and whisk well with a fork. Add the olives and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove the mug and stir. Microwave it for another 45 seconds to a minute or until your scrambled eggs are nice and set. Note: Microwave ovens may vary, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Top your mug with feta cheese and sprinkle it with herbs of Italy seasoning blend (an Italian seasoning blend of oregano, thyme, basil, garlic, black pepper, tarragon, red bell pepper and chives that you can find in the grocery store). Let your mug cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy! Note: If you don’t have or can’t find herbs of Italy seasoning blend, you can season your mug with oregano and black pepper to taste instead.