Chocolate Chip CookiesRecipe posted in: Snack
Soft-baked cookies with zero net carbs? We must be dreaming! Whip up a batch of these low-carb sugar and gluten free Chocolate Chip Cookies anytime that your sweet tooth is calling. With an almond flour base and sugar-free chocolate chips, this healthy baked good is the perfect addition to your diet dessert line-up.
From birthday parties to holiday get-togethers, these nutritious cookies are perfect for any occasion. Simple, wholesome ingredients combine to make a gluten free treat that pairs perfectly with a cold glass of milk. If you can’t find erythritol-sweetened chocolate chips, you can easily swap in a stevia-sweetened variety. Luckily, these types of low-carb products are becoming more common in the average grocery store.
One serving of these Chocolate Chip Cookies contains 93 calories and counts as one Healthy Fat and one Extra on the South Beach Diet program. They also contain zero net carbs, making them a guilt-free snack you can feel good about eating! Log your cookies into the South Beach Diet Tracker app and stay on the path to your weight loss goals.
The Palm Weight Loss Blog is filled with delicious, low-carb sweets for your South Beach Diet meal plan! Check out some of our favorites below:
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake >
- Flourless Black Bean Brownies >
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies >
If you don’t have time to make your own homemade cookies, let the South Beach Diet do the baking for you! Stock up on convenient, ready-to-go desserts like our Double Chocolate Cookie Bites and Peanut Butter Cookie Bites.
Looking to start your low-carb weight loss journey? The South Beach Diet is the program for you! Learn more about our meal plans >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Extras
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol-based sweetener (granulated)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, eggs, erythritol and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Stir well to fully combine.
- Scoop the cookies by the heaping tablespoon onto the prepared pan, leaving at least 1-inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just barely cooked through. Allow to cool for up to 20 minutes on the pan before serving.