Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burger RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Cilantro and lime are the perfect pair in this simple turkey burger recipe that’s perfect for your spring and summer menu. Ground turkey is seasoned to perfection and transformed into the ultimate low-carb burger with a crisp lettuce wrap and stellar nutritional profile.
These turkey patties come together in a snap: simply combine ground turkey with diced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Form the mixture into four patties and cook them in a large skillet with olive oil. After cooking for about four to five minutes per side, make sure they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Transfer the burger to a plate and let them rest. Finally, enjoy your turkey burger on fresh butter lettuce leaves with more red onion and a slice of tomato.
Healthy Hack: Not a fan of turkey? You can easily swap lean ground beef or ground chicken into this easy burger recipe! If you’d like to add more veggies, feel free to serve your turkey burger over a large salad. You could also make a cilantro lime burrito bowl and enjoy a patty with riced cauliflower, sliced bell peppers, Pico de Gallo and guacamole. Yum!
This easy burger recipe makes four Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burgers. One burger contains 183 calories, 22 grams of protein and just one gram of carbohydrates.
Burger season is here and we have all the recipes! From classic creations to seafood specialties, The Palm Weight Loss Blog has everything you need for the ultimate summer cookout. Check out our favorite low-carb burger recipes below:
- Southern Style Burger Bites >
- South Beach Diet Classic Grilled Cheeseburger Recipe >
- Marinated Portobello Mushroom Burger with Yuca Fries >
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers >
- Avocado Shrimp Burger >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 burger per serving)
- 1 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 lb. ground turkey, at least 93 percent lean
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 tomato slices, 1⁄4 inch thick
- Place the ground turkey, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix by hand until combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the patties reaches 165ºF.
- Transfer the burgers to a plate and let them rest. Serve them on butter lettuce wraps topped with red onion and tomato.