Asparagus Omelets with Goat CheeseRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Omelet lovers, this one’s for you! This delicious take on a classic breakfast gets a flavor boost from creamy goat cheese and crisp-tender asparagus.
Elegant enough to serve at a fancy family brunch, yet simple enough to prepare before heading off to work, this morning must-have will help you wake up on the right side of bed.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 2 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Chives, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg substitute, eggs, and milk. Stir in the scallions, thyme, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- Place the asparagus and water in a large microwaveable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stop and stir after 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and add to the egg mixture.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of the egg mixture into the skillet, allowing it to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom just begins to set. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Add one-quarter of the asparagus pieces. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are almost set.
- Using a large spatula, fold the omelet in half. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the omelet is golden and the cheese is melted. Turn onto a plate and keep warm.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more omelets. Garnish with the chives.