Asparagus Omelet with Goat CheeseRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Omelet lovers, this one’s for you! This delicious take on a classic breakfast gets a flavor boost from creamy goat cheese and crisp-tender asparagus.
Elegant enough to serve at a fancy family brunch, yet simple enough to prepare before heading off to work, this morning must-have will help you wake up on the right side of bed. One serving of this Asparagus Omelet with Goat Cheese contains 170 calories.
Look for more healthy breakfast recipes? Check these out:
- Egg Tacos >
- Low Carb Egg Bites >
- Egg Muffins >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Fried Eggs In Mushroom Caps >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- ¼ cup water
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled goat cheese
- Chives, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg substitute, eggs, and milk. Stir in the scallions, thyme, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- Place the asparagus and water in a large microwaveable bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stop and stir after 2 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and add to the egg mixture.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of the egg mixture into the skillet, allowing it to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom just begins to set. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Add one-quarter of the asparagus pieces. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are almost set.
- Using a large spatula, fold the omelet in half. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the omelet is golden and the cheese is melted. Turn onto a plate and keep warm.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more omelets. Garnish with the chives.