Low-Carb Crab CakesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Try our low-carb take on the classic crab cake. Served over avocado and green lettuce, this seafood dish is fresh and flavorful.
There’s no reason to be crabby on a diet when you have a recipe this good! Almond flour takes the place of breadcrumbs so that this tasty cake fits into your low carb meal plan. Onions, bell peppers and Old Bay seasoning add major flavor to the sweet lump crab meat. You can serve these cakes over a salad or with a side of your favorite grilled veggies.
Create your cakes by mixing together lump crab meat, diced onions, almond flour, diced red peppers, an egg, mayonnaise and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl. Form four equal sized patties out of your mixture. Next, heat a skillet on medium and melt some butter. Fry each crab cake in the skillet for about four minutes per side until they are golden brown. Serve your crab cakes on plate or bowl with two cups of green lettuce, half of an avocado and one tablespoon of tartar sauce.
Seafood is a perfect protein for your low-carb meal plan. Check out these other tasty recipes:
- Zesty Crab Cakes with Creamy Pepper Sauce >
- Avocado Shrimp Burger >
- Lobster Salad Sandwiches >
- Seared Scallops with Summer Vegetables >
- Avocado Crab Salad >
- Pan-Seared Tuna Salad >
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Spicy Melon Salsa >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2.5 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. butter, for frying
- 4 Tbsp. tartar sauce, divided
- 2 medium avocados, divided
- 8 cups green lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix together crab meat, onions, red pepper, almond flour, egg, mayonnaise and Old Bay seasoning.
- Make 4 equal patties from crab-mixture and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter to skillet and allow it to melt.
- Fry each crab cake for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve each crab cake with 2 cups of green lettuce, 1/2 avocado and 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce.