Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
A mug, a microwave and a few short minutes is all it takes to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins. Satisfy your sweet craving the healthy way with a delicious breakfast made from wholesome ingredients. This morning meal is so good, it could double as dessert.
Pro tip: If you’re a chocolate lover, feel free to add half of a tablespoon of cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder and increase the sour cream to three tablespoons. You could also simply swap out the keto friendly vanilla protein powder with a chocolate flavor.
One serving of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins contains 371 calories and four grams of net carbs.
We love transforming your favorite treats into low carb creations! Check out these other sweet recipes:
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies >
- 1-Minute Chocolate Ricotta Mousse >
- Blueberry Muffins >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 2 (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- 2 Tbsp. creamy natural peanut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 scoop (about 2 Tbsp.) keto friendly vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp. full-fat sour cream or plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. sugar-free chocolate chips
- Split all ingredients except for the chocolate chips between two large mugs. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes, until the mixture is set in the center.