Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
A mug, a microwave and a few short minutes is all it takes to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins. Satisfy your sweet craving the keto friendly way with a delicious breakfast made from wholesome ingredients. This morning meal is so good, it could double as dessert.
Pro tip: If you’re a chocolate lover, feel free to add half of a tablespoon of cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder and increase the sour cream to three tablespoons. You could also simply swap out the keto friendly vanilla protein powder with a chocolate flavor.
One serving of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins contains 371 calories and four grams of net carbs. On our keto friendly program, you will keep your net carbs limited to 50 grams or less each day. Keep a tally of your daily net carbs by logging your food intake in the South Beach Diet Tracker app! The Macro Tracker feature keeps track of your net carbs for you so that you can live your life without worrying about a carb overload.
We love transforming your favorite treats into low carb creations! Check out these other sweet keto friendly recipes:
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies >
- 1-Minute Chocolate Ricotta Mousse >
- Blueberry Muffins >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes >
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand to make your own homemade mug muffin, not to worry! The South Beach Diet has a Decadent Chocolate Muffin Mix that can be made in your favorite microwave-safe coffee cup with just a little water. Click here to stock up! >
Lose weight and get healthy with fully-prepared meals from the South Beach Diet! Learn more about our programs >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 2 (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- 2 Tbsp. creamy natural peanut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 scoop (about 2 Tbsp.) keto friendly vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp. full-fat sour cream or plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. sugar-free chocolate chips
- Split all ingredients except for the chocolate chips between two large mugs. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes, until the mixture is set in the center.