Keto MeatloafRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Meatloaf might seem like it’s already a low carb meal. However, the classic homemade loaf is typically filled with hidden carbohydrates, like breadcrumbs, flour, ketchup and barbecue sauce. We cut the carbs without sacrificing flavor so that you can enjoy this childhood staple in all its glory.
Meatloaf should be all about the meat. Our keto friendly version of this hearty dish features both lean ground beef and ground pork for a big punch of flavor and protein. But we don’t stop there! After we create the loaf from the ground meat, spices, sautéed onions and celery, Parmesan cheese, eggs and almond flour, we top it all off with a layer of thick, crispy bacon. Pair your Keto Meatloaf with a non-starchy veggie side dish to round out the meal, such as mashed cauliflower, steamed broccoli or creamed spinach.
Pro tip: If you can’t enjoy your meatloaf without a tangy, ketchup-based glaze, check your local grocery store for sugar-free ketchup and barbecue sauce.
One serving of this Keto Meatloaf contains 400 calories and counts as two Healthy Fats and two Proteins on the South Beach Diet program. Before you grab another slice, make sure to log your first serving in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to ensure you’re staying within your meal plan guidelines. It’s the perfect app to keep track of your food intake, macros, water and exercise throughout your weight loss journey!
Looking for more keto friendly versions of your favorite meals? Check out these other tasty recipes:
- Cauliflower Crust Margherita Pizza >
- Keto Chicken Fingers >
- Almond Flour Keto Bread >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Stuffed Pepper Tacos >
- Keto Crab Cakes >
- Zucchini Lasagna >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious, fully-prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet programs >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 1 slice)
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Using a medium pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and chipotle seasoning to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let mixture cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork, cooked vegetable mixture, cheese, almond flour, Parmesan, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Place into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Lay bacon slices on top of the loaf.
- Bake loaf until the bacon is crispy and beef and pork mixture is cooked through, about 50 minutes.