Upgrade your non-starchy veggie lineup with broccoli rabe! This lean, green cruciferous vegetable is a fancier version of regular broccoli yet just as tasty. With just a few simple ingredients and a little time in the oven, you can transform it into the perfect side dish for any hearty meat or fish dinner. This Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Rabe recipe is so delicious and so easy to make, it’s sure to become a new favorite on your weekly menu!
One serving of this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Rabe contains 77 calories. It counts as half of a Healthy Fat and two Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet. If you’d like to count this recipe as a full Healthy Fat serving, we recommend topping it with two Tablespoons of chopped nuts or another Tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Pine nuts, slivered almonds or chopped cashews would be a delicious, nutritious and crunchy addition.
If you’re looking for more veggie recipes for your low-carb menu, make sure to bookmark The Palm Weight Loss Blog! We have plenty of tasty ideas that fit perfectly into your healthy diet. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Healthy Greek Salad >
- Cheesy Southwest Spaghetti Squash >
- 2-Step Super Salad >
- 4-Ingredient Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts >
- Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps >
- Cucumber Feta Salad >
- 2-Step Garlic and Herb Zucchini Noodles >
- Crispy Kale Chips >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
- Easy Layered Salad >
- Simple Cheesy Summer Squash >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Trim the broccoli rabe to remove 1 to 2 inches of tough stem at the bottom. Cut the larger florets in half lengthwise.
- Place the broccoli rabe on a baking sheet and drizzle it with the olive oil, tossing to combine. Sprinkle the salt, garlic, and chili flakes on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the broccoli rabe is tender.
- Remove it from the oven and toss it with the Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Divide the prepared broccoli rabe into 4 portions and serve.