2-Step Super SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This 2-Step Super Salad combines an array of fresh ingredients to make a dish so flavorful, it’s certain to become a favorite in your household.
Peppery arugula is tossed with Belgian endives and radicchio and topped with fresh Parmesan shavings to make a salad filled with superfoods and a whole lot of deliciousness. Pack this salad for lunch at the office or enjoy after a long day—one thing is for certain, whenever you do whip up this 2-Step Super Salad, your taste buds and waistline will be thanking you!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 2.5 Vegetables
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place anchovies in a large mixing bowl; using 2 forks, mash into a paste. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add arugula, radicchio, and endive; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 serving plates; sprinkle with cheese and serve.