Fresh summer squash gets a delicious (and cheesy!) makeover with this easy, two-step recipe. Whip up this Simple Cheesy Summer Squash to pack in the nutrition with bursts of flavor from squash, cheese, garlic and black pepper.
Cooked to tender perfection on the stove top and sprinkled with pine nuts for an extra crunch, this easy-to-make summer squash will become a favorite addition to any meal.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced (green or yellow)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until soft.
- Add the squash, salt and pepper. Sauté for 6 minutes or until the squash are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Top with the pine nuts and cheese.