Simple Cheesy Summer SquashRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner Snack
Fresh summer squash gets a delicious (and cheesy!) makeover with this easy, two-step recipe. Whip up this Simple Cheesy Summer Squash to pack in the nutrition with bursts of flavor from pine nuts, Asiago cheese, minced garlic and black pepper.
Summer squash is a favorite non-starchy vegetable in many households. It’s versatile veggie that can take on a wide range of flavors. It can also be grown easily in your home garden or simply picked up at your local farmers market for what many would consider a steal. A delicious side to any meal, summer squash can be cooked in a vast variety of ways, making it a vegetarian favorite.
Cooked to tender perfection on the stove top and sprinkled with pine nuts for an extra crunch, this easy-to-make cheesy summer squash will become a favorite addition to any meal. Better yet, it is perfect for those who feel they just don’t have as much time as they’d like to cook. This entire dish can be made in less than ten minutes!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced (green or yellow)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until soft.
- Add the squash, salt and pepper. Sauté for 6 minutes or until the squash are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Top with the pine nuts and cheese.