Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This healthy goat cheese salad recipe is a favorite among our readers. That’s because it’s packed with flavor thanks to the mixing of freshly toasted walnuts, sweet and fragrant pear and crisp leafy greens.
We love how the slightly smokey taste of the walnuts blends with the creamy and tangy goat cheese.
Lose weight and get healthy with fully-prepared, low carb meals from the South Beach Diet! Learn more about our programs >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (3 cup) servings
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3/4-pound) head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (6 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces plain reduced-fat soft goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven or toaster oven to 275°F. Spread walnuts on a baking tray and bake until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Roughly chop nuts.
- Place oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- Place lettuce and pear slices in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add dressing, and toss. Divide among plates, sprinkle cheese and nuts on top, and serve.