Lobster BisqueRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Lobster Bisque is a summer seafood staple. It’s silky, full-flavored and surprisingly satisfying. This delicious Lobster Bisque recipe puts a skinny spin on the traditional dish, so you can enjoy it without any of the guilt. Whip up a big batch on Sunday and have flavorful leftovers on hand all week long.
Love lobster? Try this Classic Lobster Salad >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious food designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet meal delivery service. >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth, no-salt added
- ½ cup tomato puree, no-salt added
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. lobster tails, shells removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp. hot-pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, tomato puree, sherry, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lobster, cover, and simmer for 6 minutes, or until the lobster is opaque.
- Stir in the milk, hot pepper sauce, and paprika. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in the plum tomatoes and parsley.