Lobster BisqueRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Lobster Bisque is a seafood staple. It’s silky and full-flavored, and surprisingly satisfying. This delicious Lobster Bisque recipe puts a skinny spin on the traditional dish so you can enjoy it without any of the guilt. Whip up a big batch on Sundays and have flavorful leftovers on hand all week long.
Love lobster? Try this Classic Lobster Salad >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, no-salt added
- 1/2 cup tomato puree, no-salt added
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lobster tails, shells removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, tomato puree, sherry, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lobster, cover, and simmer for 6 minutes, or until the lobster is opaque.
- Stir in the milk, hot pepper sauce, and paprika. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in the plum tomatoes and parsley.