Chicken Lasagna CupsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This unique spin on an Italian classic is the perfect addition to your weight loss menu. Try out these keto friendly Chicken Lasagna Cups for a healthy, low carb dinner that’s packed with hearty chicken and melty cheese.
On a low carb diet, enjoying a plate of lasagna can feel like a distant dream. We’re changing that with these pasta-free chicken lasagna cups! This high protein meal will be your new favorite dinner. They also make a great appetizer for those holiday family parties!
To get started on this keto lasagna recipe, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prep a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Create your cups by laying chicken cutlets onto a cutting board. Using the smooth side of a mallet, pound each cutlet until it’s a quarter inch thick. Cut each cutlet in half and lay them individually into the muffin tin, overlapping the ends of the chicken to form cups.
Now that your lasagna cups are ready, it’s time to work on the filling. In a small bowl, mix together shredded mozzarella, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and spices. Spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin cup, then top with two teaspoons of sugar-free marinara sauce. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top and bake for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is bubbly. Once they’re done baking, remove the keto lasagna cups from the muffin tin and place them on a plate. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm. Enjoy your keto friendly lasagna!
One serving of these keto friendly Chicken Lasagna Cups is 245 calories and counts as one Protein and one Healthy Fat on the South Beach Diet program. Feel free to serve it with some non-starchy veggies to get in your five required servings. While you’re enjoying these cheesy cups, make sure to log them in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! It was designed to help you keep track of your meals and be successful.
Looking for more low carb, healthy chicken recipes? Try these other keto friendly ideas below:
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Mediterranean Chicken Bowl >
- Keto Chicken Fingers >
- Everything Bagel Chicken >
- Grilled Chicken Salad >
If you don’t feel like cooking, South Beach Diet has a keto friendly program that you’ll love. See what Audrina Patridge, Brittany Aldean and Ashley Iaconetti have to say about Why They Love The South Beach Diet! > Then click here to learn more about our meal plans. >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 2 cups)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 6 chicken cutlets (thin cut)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken cutlets on a cutting board. Using the smooth side of a mallet, pound cutlets to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut each chicken cutlet in half and lay them into the muffin tin cups, overlapping the ends to form bowls.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, ½ of the mozzarella, garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Using a spoon, place about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each muffin cup.
- Top each muffin cup with 2 teaspoons of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of each muffin cup equally.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is bubbly. Remove the lasagna cups from the muffin tin and place on a plate.
- Garnish each lasagna cup with fresh chopped parsley. Serve warm.