Brussels sprouts tend to have a bad reputation. However, when prepared the right way, they can truly be the most delicious part of your meal. We prepare our Brussels with a delicious combination of olive oil, parmesan cheese and crushed pork rinds. It’s a simple recipe that adds BIG flavor to your dinner plate.
We all love a side dish that’s healthy, delicious and easy to make. These Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts check off all of those boxes! Plus, you only need four simple ingredients to put it all together. It’s the perfect recipe for your busy weeknights and could even make an appearance on your holiday dinner table.
One serving of these 4-Ingredient Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts contains 165 calories. It counts as half of a Healthy Fat and two Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet meal plan. Stay on track with your low-carb diet this holiday by logging your food intake in the South Beach Diet Tracker app. It will help you stay organized with your daily meal plan, water intake, exercise and weight loss progress. Click here to learn more about our FREE weight loss app! >
Healthy Hack: If you would like to count this recipe as a full Healthy Fat serving, we recommend sprinkling on an additional Tablespoon of parmesan cheese or adding two Tablespoons of chopped nuts on top.
Looking for more easy recipes for your low-carb menu? Try out the delicious ideas below:
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Parmesan Crisps >
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies >
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bliss Balls >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
- One-Pan Olive Oil and Herb Poached Flounder >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- One-Minute “Golden Milk” Yogurt Recipe >
- Cream of Broccoli Soup >
- No-Bake Key Lime and Avocado Cheesecake >
Want easy and delicious meals delivered directly to your door? We’re here for you! Sign up for a low-carb, high-protein meal plan from the South Beach Diet. Learn more here! >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Toss them with olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the pork rinds, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Arrange the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden and tender. Divide into 4 equal portions and serve.
- Note: This dish can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.