Easy Layered SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Spring has arrived but we’re all still feeling a little cooped up at home. Celebrate the season of warm weather, sunshine and blooming flowers with a fresh and fun recipe filled with crunchy veggies, crispy bacon and creamy dressing. This keto friendly Layered Salad is to easy make and easy to enjoy!
To create this magnificent towering salad, you will need a large glass dish (9 x 13 inches) to assemble it in. Neatly layer the ingredients into the dish in the following order: eight cups of romaine and iceberg lettuce, half of a thinly sliced red onion, 10 ounces of frozen green peas, three-quarters of a cup of chopped celery, three-quarters of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, one cup of broccoli, one 2.25-ounce can of sliced black olives and one pound of cooked and crumbled bacon.
Now that your salad is layered, it’s time to mix up your dressing. Whisk together three-quarters of a cup each of light mayonnaise and light sour cream in a small bowl. Now is also the perfect time to make this recipe your own by adding in any of your favorite spices, herbs and Free Foods. Mix in a little garlic powder, apple cider vinegar or add a pinch of cayenne to kick up the heat. Once you’ve developed a flavor profile that you love, pour your finished dressing over your layered salad and carefully spread it evenly across the top with a spatula. Top the salad with the remaining quarter-cup of cheese and bacon. Feel free to also sprinkle over and refrigerate overnight for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Palm Pro tip: Transform this family style dish into a meal prep miracle! Gather 12 glass mason jars and create perfectly portioned, grab-and-go lunches for the week. Carefully layer the ingredients into each jar for a beautiful presentation.
This family-friendly recipe makes a total 12 servings. One serving is about one cup and contains 200 calories and five grams of net carbs. It counts as one Healthy Fat and one Vegetable on the South Beach Diet program. To help you stay accountable of your food intake throughout your journey, make sure to log your Easy Layered Salad into The South Beach Diet Tracker app. It’s the best food tracking app for your keto friendly meal plan and the handy macro tracker feature will keep your diet in check.
Here at The Palm, our recipe section is filled with healthy salad recipes for your low carb menu. Get inspired by these other lean, green ideas:
- Chicken Salad with Avocado >
- Eggless Caesar Salad >
- Keto Friendly Avocado Crab Salad >
- Zesty Shrimp and Celery Salad >
- Ginger Chicken with Snow Pea Salad >
- Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps >
- Pan-Seared Tuna Salad >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
Is broccoli your go-to non-starchy veggie? Check out the South Beach Diet a la carte store for keto friendly meals that feature these crunchy little trees. Stock up your freezer with our Chicken Broccoli and Rice, Farmstand Garden and Cheese Omelet, Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast and Sesame-Glazed Beef & Veggie Bowl.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious low carb food designed to help you lose weight. Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 12 (1 serving = ~1 cup)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 8 cups romaine and iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. frozen green peas
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup broccoli, blanched for 2 minutes in boiling water
- 1 2.25-oz. can sliced black olives
- 1 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- Using a 9 x 13 glass dish, layer the ingredients in the following order: lettuce, onion, green peas, celery, ¾ cup of the cheese, broccoli, olives and ¾ of the bacon.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Carefully spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Top salad with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.