Cheesy Southwest Spaghetti SquashRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Let’s face it—pasta is everyone’s favorite comfort food. Luckily for you, just because you are reinventing your eating habits through our low-carb approach doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your favorite go-to spaghetti meal.
We’ve created a perfectly balanced spaghetti squash dish that incorporates ingredients you never even thought of combining in a pasta dish. Featuring Protein, Healthy Fat and lots of vibrant Veggies, this Southwest Spaghetti Squash is nutritious, simple and delicious—all wrapped up into one perfect meal!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Prep Time: 35-45 minutes
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1 small squash
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Bake squash face down on a baking sheet until slightly golden brown and fork tender, about 40-45 minutes.
- Finely chop red bell pepper.
- Cut avocado into slices.
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- Once tender and cooled, scoop spaghetti out of skin.
- To serve, top with avocado, cheddar and pepper.