Mexican Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Looking for a one-pan dinner to feed the whole family? This Mexican Stir Fry recipe comes together in a snap with minimal cleanup! Satisfy your seafood cravings with this unique meal that combines a classic Chinese cooking technique with magnificent Mexican flavors. This fusion of your two favorite cuisines is sure to become your new go-to dinner!
You only need one large pan or wok to cook up this hearty yet healthy Mexican recipe. Place your pan on the stove top and heat up avocado oil over high heat. Add sliced onions and cook for about three minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, minced garlic cloves, sliced zucchini, sliced bell pepper, chopped kale and cooked prawns. Cook for about four minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add apple cider vinegar, taco seasoning, sliced jalapeno and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Cook for three minutes, until fragrant. Top with a shredded Mexican cheese blend and serve immediately.
The Palm Pro Tip: Can’t find prawns? You can easily swap in plain cooked shrimp of any size. Feel free to also add in other non-starchy veggies that you love, such as tomatoes, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles and other types of peppers. If you have some net carbs to spare for the day, try adding in some corn, black beans or sweet potatoes. You can also serve it up with a side of avocado if you’d like to add another Healthy Fat.
One serving of this Mexican Stir Fry clocks in at just 306 calories. It counts as one Protein, one Healthy Fat and two Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet meal plan. Use the South Beach Diet Tracker app to keep track of your daily food and water intake throughout your keto-friendly journey! The organized food journal and macro tracker can help you reach your weight loss goals. Click here to learn more about our awesome app! >
Here at The Palm Weight Loss Blog, we LOVE Mexican-inspired recipes that are packed with flavor and nutritious ingredients. If you’re looking for more Mexican made easy, you’ve come to the right place. Get inspired by some of our top ideas:
- Shrimp Fajita Skillet >
- Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas >
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Tacos >
- Tomato Salsa with Avocado and Onion >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Southwest Latin Flatbread >
- Black Bean and Goat Cheese Tostadas >
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Protein Shake >
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Spicy Melon Salsa >
- Southwest Bean Salad >
- Mexican Chicken Soup >
Craving more spicy comfort food? Let the South Beach Diet send fully prepared meals to you! Our menu is filled with hearty yet healthy options that are ready in minutes. Stock up on some of our zesty favorites below:
- Salsa and Cheese Omelet >
- Italian-Style Sausage and Peppers >
- Texas-Style Chili Sauce with Meat >
- Spicy Chicken and Riced Cauliflower >
- White Bean Chicken Chili >
Get healthy and lose weight with a keto friendly meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings delicious low-carb options directly to your door. Learn more about our convenient meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked prawns, peeled
- 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale and prawns. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, taco seasoning, jalapeno and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.