Stuffed Pepper TacosRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Forget the taco shells. These low carb Stuffed Pepper Tacos are held together with fresh bell peppers and are overflowing with lean ground beef, veggies and cheddar cheese.
Stuffed peppers and tacos unite in this keto-friendly recipe. Our low carb version of a taco shell is super simple and contains only one ingredient; bell peppers. Bell peppers are the ultimate low carb veggie. They’re crunchy, colorful and add a little sweetness to your keto-friendly plan. Dive inside these healthy tacos and you’ll find lean ground beef and onions covered in a zesty taco seasoning. Towering on top is a pile of cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, diced jalapeno peppers, creamy avocado and sour cream. Who needs carb-heavy corn taco shells when you have a healthy alternative that is just as flavorful!
One serving of these scrumptious Stuffed Pepper Tacos contains 345 calories and counts as one Healthy Fat, two Proteins and one Vegetable on the South Beach Diet program. Keep track of this hearty, low carb meal by logging it in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! Easily log your meals, snacks, water and weight loss throughout your journey.
Indulge in the sweet and crunchy goodness of bell peppers in these other low carb recipes:
- Zesty Crab Cakes with Creamy Pepper Sauce >
- Yakitori Chicken >
- Cauliflower “Rice” and Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers >
- Savory Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Pork and Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo >
- Southwest Bean Salad >
Looking for more low carb meals to help you reach your weight loss goals? Check out the South Beach Diet! Click here to learn more about our meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced (optional)
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lean ground beef to the onions. Cook until brown and no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and ¼ of cup water. Stir and simmer uncovered until the liquid is gone. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing in half and removing the stems and seeds.
- Assemble the pepper tacos by placing each bell pepper on a plate or sheet pan and filling each with the ground beef.
- Top each taco equally with cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno and sour cream.
- Serve two pepper halves on a plate.