Stuffed Bell Pepper TacosRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Forget the taco shells. These low-carb Stuffed Pepper Tacos are held together with fresh bell peppers and are overflowing with lean ground beef, veggies and cheddar cheese.
Stuffed peppers and tacos unite in this low-carb recipe. Our low-carb version of a taco shell is super simple and contains only one ingredient: bell peppers. Bell peppers are the ultimate low-carb veggie. They’re crunchy, colorful and add a little sweetness to your low-carb plan. Dive inside these healthy tacos and you’ll find lean ground beef and onions covered in a zesty taco seasoning. Towering on top is a pile of cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, diced jalapeno peppers, creamy avocado and sour cream. Who needs carb-heavy corn taco shells when you have a healthy alternative that is just as flavorful!
Indulge in the sweet and crunchy goodness of bell peppers in these other low-carb recipes:
- Zesty Crab Cakes with Creamy Pepper Sauce >
- Yakitori Chicken >
- Cauliflower “Rice” and Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers >
- Savory Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Pork and Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayo >
- Southwest Bean Salad >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced (optional)
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lean ground beef to the onions. Cook until brown and no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and ¼ of cup water. Stir and simmer uncovered until the liquid is gone. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing in half and removing the stems and seeds.
- Assemble the pepper tacos by placing each bell pepper on a plate or sheet pan and filling each with the ground beef.
- Top each taco equally with cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno and sour cream.
- Serve two pepper halves on a plate.