Southwest Latin FlatbreadRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Looking for the perfect, tasty and unique way to liven up a plain old flatbread? This Southwest Latin Flatbread is your go-to when it comes to spicing things up for lunch or dinner! With the perfect combination of spiciness from chipotle sauce, zest from lime juice and all the deliciousness that comes along with cheese and veggies, you will have a satisfying meal ready within minutes.
Who doesn’t love a meal that fits into your healthy meal plan while simultaneously bursting with flavor? We sure do, and we know you’ll love it too! With its easy prep, simple ingredients and diet-friendly nutritionals, this Southwest Latin Flatbread is sure to become a frequent go-to on your weekly menu.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 whole wheat or low-carb flatbread
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 3 thin slices of red onion
- 1 Tbsp. red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- 4 tsp. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop peppers, red onion and scallions.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Place peppers, red onion, cilantro and scallions on top of flatbread.
- Drizzle with chipotle sauce and lime juice.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until crust is golden brown.