Black Bean and Goat Cheese TostadasRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Black soybeans, just like the traditional black bean, are a great addition to any balanced diet. They’ve got fiber, protein and a whole host of body-boosting nutrients. Plus, they’re totally versatile. You can add them to salads, soups, pasta, stir fry or even make your own homemade black bean burger patties.
Tostadas are a quick and easy meal that can be packed with healthy, satisfying ingredients. In this delicious dish, we bundle savory black soybeans with tangy goat cheese, flavorful garlic, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes and scallions on a toasted whole wheat tortilla. It’s a Mexican-inspired diet meal that will fill you up without filling you out!
The Palm Pro Tip: Can’t find black soybeans? Don’t sweat it! Traditional black beans will do the trick just as well.
These Black Bean and Cheese Tostadas are a wonderful appetizer for your healthy holiday party! They are also a great festive addition to any Cinco de Mayo celebration. However, don’t limit these tasty tostadas to just special occasions. Enjoy them as a healthy snack or lightened-up lunch that’s smart yet satisfying!
One serving of these Black Bean and Cheese Tostadas clocks in at just 360 calories. You can count it as one Healthy Fat, two Good Carbohydrates and one and a half Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet program.
Love goat cheese? Try out our other healthy recipes featuring this creamy, dreamy Healthy Fat. You’ll love our Simple Goat Cheese Scramble, Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad and Asparagus and Goat Cheese Omelet. Yum!
Did you know that black beans can be used to make dessert? Check out our tasty and healthy recipe for Easy Flourless Black Bean Brownies! >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the new South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-oz.) can black soybeans, no-salt added, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (16 oz.), chopped (4 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray and place, slightly overlapping, on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly puffed and browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While tortillas are toasting, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in beans and heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- With tortillas still on the baking sheet, top with beans and cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and scallions. Squeeze lime over top and serve hot.