Grilled Fish Tacos with Spicy Melon SalsaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Traditional fish tacos get a skinny spin with this delicious recipe that pairs mild-flavored sea bass with a sweet and spicy salsa featuring cantaloupe, lime and jalapenos. It’s a delectable culinary combo your taste buds (and your dinner guests!) will thank you for.
Good news; Cinco de Mayo falls on a Taco Tuesday this year! Double up the recipe for these fresh fish tacos for the perfect party platter.
Helpful hint: Not a fan of sea bass? Try replacing it with halibut or scallops instead.
Looking for more healthy Cinco de Mayo recipes? Get inspired by these other delicious ideas:
- Breakfast Tacos >
- Mexican Chicken Soup >
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Protein Shake >
- Stuffed Pepper Tacos >
- Easy Egg Tacos >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Keto-Friendly Chicken Enchiladas >
Get delicious, fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight. Learn more about South Beach Diet meal delivery >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2-piece) servings
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Fruit
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. skinless sea bass fillets
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cantaloupe (about 2 1/2-pound melon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a 9-by 13-inch glass baking dish, whisk together 1 Tbsp. of the lime juice and 1 tsp. of the oil. Add fish and turn to coat. Sprinkle with salt and season lightly with black pepper.
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Grill fish until opaque and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine cantaloupe, cilantro, scallions, jalapeno, remaining 2 Tbsp. lime juice and remaining 2 tsp. oil.
- Grill tortillas until warm, about 30 seconds per side. Cut each into 4 quarters. Divide fish among tortillas, top with melon salsa and serve warm with lime wedges.