Shrimp Fajita SkilletRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Diet food doesn’t have to be boring—our healthy Shrimp Fajita Skillet recipe packs in the spice, flavor and filling ingredients for a healthy meal that checks off all the boxes.
Non-starchy vegetables and high protein shrimp are what makes this low carb dish South-Beach-approved. With an array of veggies and spices, this healthy Shrimp Fajita Skillet is certain to kick your menu up a notch. This keto friendly shrimp recipe is also the perfect meal to serve up on Cinco de Mayo.
Looking for more Mexican food recipes? Here are 10 healthy ideas! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ½ cup mixed bell peppers, sliced
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 3 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined (equivalent to about 6 medium shrimp)
- ¼ tsp. fajita seasoning mix (low sodium, no sugar added)
- ¼ avocado (about 2 to 3 slices)
- 1 tsp. pico de gallo
- Heat ¾ tsp. of avocado oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic, onions and peppers. Cook until the peppers are slightly softened (about 5-10 minutes).
- Pour vegetables onto a serving plate. Top with the lime juice and fresh cilantro. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, season the shrimp by mixing it with the fajita seasoning mix until its well combined. *Note: if you can’t find low sodium, no sugar added fajita seasoning mix, feel free to make your own by combining ¼ tsp. of cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano and paprika.
- Heat the remaining avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook it for about 2 minutes on each side (until the shrimp is pink and curled into a C shape).
- Remove the shrimp from heat and place it on top of vegetables. Serve with avocado and pico de gallo.