Tomato Salsa with Avocado and OnionRecipe posted in: Snack
Salsa is one of the most versatile dishes you can make. Paired with veggies or whole wheat pita wedges, it’s an easy and delicious snack. It also makes a great appetizer to bring to parties—especially if you’re trying to stay on the trim-down track. And don’t forget how tasty it is on plain chicken, eggs fish and veggies.
This Tomato Salsa with Avocado and Onion is our absolute favorite salsa recipe. It’s refreshing, delicious and super simple to make.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Vegetables
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Assorted cut fresh vegetables, such as celery sticks, cauliflower florets, or cucumber slices
- Whole wheat pita triangles
- In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, avocado, pepper, parsley, vinegar, lime peel, lime juice, and cumin. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the cut vegetables for dipping and pita triangles.
- Note: To make the pita triangles, cut pita in triangles and bake in 350°F oven until lightly browned. (Phase 2 only)