Zucchini Chicken EnchiladasRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Spice up your low-carb menu with these delicious Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas. Made with a few keto-friendly swaps yet loaded with all of the classic enchilada flavors, these hearty Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas are the real deal. And did we mention you can enjoy them with absolutely zero guilt?!
Topped with shredded, melty Mexican cheese and completed with a dollop of sour cream, these low-carb enchiladas are a dinner dish the entire family will love. So, what makes this typically calorie-filled meal diet-approved? This recipe uses sliced zucchini in place of tortillas as the enchilada base, making this Mexican classic the perfect addition to your South Beach Diet menu.
But just because these delicious enchiladas are South-Beach-approved, that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in one too many. Be sure to keep track of your daily food intake in an organized place. This will help you reach your weight loss goals by ensuring you don’t go over your allotted calories for the day. The FREE South Beach Tracker App makes it easy to stay on plan with a food journal and macro tracker. Click here to learn more about our awesome app! >
Looking for more Mexican food made easy? We have plenty of healthy recipes for your low-carb menu! Get inspired by some of our favorite ideas below:
- Shrimp Fajita Skillet >
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Tacos >
- Tomato Salsa with Avocado and Onion >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Southwest Latin Flatbread >
- Black Bean and Goat Cheese Tostadas >
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Protein Shake >
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Spicy Melon Salsa >
- Southwest Bean Salad >
- Mexican Chicken Soup >
Lose weight while enjoying a delicious menu filled with convenient options! The South Beach Diet brings meals and snacks directly to your door. Start your meal delivery service today! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce, canned and divided
- 3 large zucchini — sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Wash the zucchini. Then using a knife, mandolin or large vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini in half length-wise and then make very thin slices of the zucchini.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, chicken, cumin, chili powder and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Stir until combined and mixture is heated through.
- On a cutting board, take 4 slices of the zucchini and overlap them slightly. Add 2 Tbsp. of the chicken mixture on top of the zucchini and then tightly roll up. Transfer to a 9x9 baking dish with the seam facing down so the roll stays together. Repeat until the baking dish is full.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce
- Cover evenly with the shredded Mexican cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and cut into 8 servings
- Garnish with 1/4 avocado, 1 Tbsp. sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro