Keto-Friendly Mediterranean Chicken BowlRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re keeping it keto-friendly, this Mediterranean Chicken Bowl recipe is a must-try!
Stay on track with your South Beach Keto-Friendly Plan by whipping up this hearty and delicious Mediterranean Chicken Bowl. Making a whopping eight servings, this recipe is perfect to share with the family.
Packed with flavor and feta cheese, this tasty dish is topped with a homemade Mediterranean salsa for some fresh flavor. And we haven’t forgotten about the classic Tzatziki sauce—add a spoonful once your chicken is cooked, cauliflower rice is mixed in and salsa has been placed atop the bowl.
Have leftovers? Pack up the chicken and cauliflower rice combo and store in an airtight container in the fridge. This is the perfect keto-friendly meal to grab on your way out the door and enjoy for a filling lunch. Just don’t forget to log this DIY meal in the South Beach Tracker App! Consistently logging your daily intake can increase weight loss results—so log each serving of this Mediterranean Chicken Bowl in the Tracker App.
Want to lose weight while enjoying our delicious, hearty and keto-friendly meals? Check out our South Beach Keto-Friendly Plan to get started! >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1.5 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp Za'atar Seasoning (or other greek seasoning)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Prepare the chicken by cutting into 1-inch cubes. Place chicken into a resealable storage bag with the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat evenly. Let chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating make the Mediterranean salsa by dicing the cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Place into a medium bowl with the olives and toss with olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Gently fold in the feta cheese.
- Reheat the frozen cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Once heated through, place a paper towel on top of the cauliflower rice and press down to soak up the extra liquid. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Set aside
- After the chicken has marinated, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and the marinade into the pan and spread out into an even layer. Cook for approximately 4 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the chicken and cauliflower rice evenly between four bowls. Top with the salsa and Tzatziki.