Low-Carb Baked Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken BreastRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese are stuffed inside a tender chicken breast to create a low-carb baked dish packed with delicious flavor.
The Stuffed Chicken Breast is browned on both sides and baked to tender perfection. If you’re looking to make this already filling meal even heartier, feel free to add in your favorite non-starchy veggie for an additional veggie serving!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4-3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4" thickness
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese to create the filling.
- Top half of each whole breast equally with spinach mixture. Fold half of the chicken over the filling and fasten the edges with wooden picks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 7 minutes per side, or until well-browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place them in an oven-proof dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, add the broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper the large skillet. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, remove and discard the wooden picks. Arrange the chicken on a warm serving platter and spoon the sauce over the chicken.