Jalapeno Popper ChickenRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Spicy, cheesy and baked to perfection, this Jalapeno Popper Chicken dinner has everything you love about the classic appetizer. Enjoy the flavors of jalapeno poppers in a healthy, low carb meal that fits into your low-carb diet. From fresh jalapenos and crispy bacon bits to melty cheddar and cream cheese, you won’t be missing a thing in this lightened up version of your favorite starter.
To make this healthy chicken recipe, get started by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. While it’s preheating, cook up three slices of bacon. Chop or crumble the bacon once it has cooled off enough and set it aside. Filet your chicken breasts in half so they are thin and lay them on a baking dish. In our recipe, we use one pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts to serve six people.
Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper and spread eight ounces of cream cheese evenly across the top. Sprinkle three diced jalapeno peppers and your cooked bacon bits evenly over the chicken. Top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely. Allow the chicken to cool for about five minutes before serving.
Helpful Hint: Make sure to remove the seeds and veins from your jalapeno peppers to reduce the heat. You can also feel free to wear plastic gloves to protect your skin from the jalapenos if desired.
Chicken is the perfect base for your low carb, high protein weight loss plan. Check out these other low-carb meal ideas:
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Everything Bagel Chicken >
- Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast >
- Chicken Lasagna Cups >
- Chicken Fingers >
- One-Pan Spicy Chayote Chicken >
- Grilled Chicken Salad >
- Mediterranean Chicken Bowl >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook bacon until it's crispy. Chop or crumble when it has cooled.
- Filet the chicken breasts in half so they are thin. Lay the chicken in a 9x9 baking dish.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a spoon, spread the softened cream cheese over the top of the chicken evenly.
- Slice the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds and veins to reduce the heat. Dice them finely. *Wear plastic gloves to protect your skin from the jalapenos if desired.
- Evenly top the chicken with diced jalapeno and bacon bits.
- Top evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely.
- Allow the chicken to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.