Spanish Braised Chicken in Creamy Almond SauceRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
When you start a low carb diet, keto chicken recipes quickly become a staple on your menu. If you’ve finally grown tired of eating the same old chicken and veggie dish every night, it’s time to spice up your life with our Spanish Braised Chicken in Creamy Almond Sauce! This aromatic one-pot chicken recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your comfort food cravings and add some variety to your week.
The best part about this nutritious and delicious meal is that it’s perfect for your weekly meal prep. It tastes just as good the next day, so you can easily make it ahead and re-heat. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It’s also a freezer friendly dish and can be frozen for up to one month.
One serving of this Spanish Braised Chicken in Creamy Almond Sauce contains 334 calories and seven grams of net carbs. Log this hearty dinner in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to stay on track with your keto friendly meal plan. Use the personal food journal to stay accountable with your food, water and exercise. Make sure to periodically check the handy macro tracker feature to keep up with your net carb intake throughout the day. Click here to learn more about the South Beach Diet Tracker app. >
Hungry for more chicken? Add these other tasty recipes to your low carb menu:
- Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Chicken >
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Soup >
- Keto Friendly Chicken Lasagna Cups >
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken >
- Chicken Tikka Masala Skewers >
- One-Pan Spicy Chayote Chicken >
- Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast >
- Easy Chicken Parm >
- Mexican Chicken Soup >
- Keto Friendly Everything Bagel Chicken >
If you want to enjoy keto friendly meals without the meal prep, we can help with that too! Check out the South Beach Diet a la carte store for healthy low carb lunches and dinners that feature chicken. You’ll love our White Bean Chicken Chili, Chicken with Apricot Glaze and Spicy Chicken and Riced Cauliflower. Click here to stock up your kitchen with fully prepared meals! >
Looking for a healthy meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about South Beach Diet meal plans >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Spanish manzanilla olives (or other green olives), sliced
- 4 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken thighs dry then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to pan and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in garlic, sundried tomatoes, paprika, peppers and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken thighs and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds, olives, 3 Tablespoons of parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes longer.
- Garnish with remaining parsley before serving.