Grilled Chicken SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
For a fresh and filling DIY meal, make this Grilled Chicken Salad which is complete with an array of fresh veggies and avocado.
A homemade dressing made of lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper complements this hearty salad. Tomatoes, cucumber and avocado envelope slices of juicy, grilled chicken and lay atop a bed of greens for a healthy, keto-friendly meal you’ll want to make over and over again.
One serving of this Grilled Chicken Salad counts as one Healthy Fat, one Lean Protein and three Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet program. Keep track of your salad by logging it in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! >
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love these other tasty salads:
- Avocado Crab Salad >
- Tropical Shrimp and Black Bean Salad >
- Zesty Shrimp and Celery Salad >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
- Chicken Salad with Avocado >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (3 cup servings)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and a pinch or two of pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Toss with half of the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper; divide among 4 plates.
- Toss chicken with 1 Tbsp. of the remaining dressing and divide among salads. Top with avocado slices, drizzle with remaining dressing, and serve.