Grilled Chicken SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
For a fresh and filling DIY meal, make this Grilled Chicken Salad that’s jam-packed with fresh veggies and simple, wholesome ingredients.
A homemade dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper complements this hearty salad. Chopped tomatoes and cucumbers are paired with slices of juicy, grilled chicken and lay atop a bed of greens for a healthy, keto-friendly meal you’ll want to make over and over again.
One serving of this Grilled Chicken Salad counts as half of a Healthy Fat, one Protein and three Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet program. Keep track of your salad by logging it in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! >
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love these other tasty salads:
- Avocado Crab Salad >
- Tropical Shrimp and Black Bean Salad >
- Zesty Shrimp and Celery Salad >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (3 cup servings)
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad equally between four plates.
- Pour remaining dressing over the chicken.
- Divide chicken equally among the four plates.