Shredded Chicken ChiliRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re a chili lover, you’re going to want to bookmark this recipe. Complete with homemade taco seasoning, an array of veggies, tender chicken and spices, this Shredded Chicken Chili is a home-cooked home run.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are cooked to tender perfection in a crock-pot. Homemade taco seasoning flavors the shredded chicken with a combination of chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Bursting with an array of different flavors, the seasoned chicken is also slow cooked with protein-packed black beans, juicy tomatoes, sauce, extra chili powder and another dash of cumin.
This is the perfect meal to throw in the crock-pot (on low) and go about your day as the scent of homemade chili begins to fill the kitchen. Around six hours, your chicken should be tender enough to shred with a fork, and your chili ready to be enjoyed. Top with fresh cilantro and avocado for even more flavor!
Consider this delicious DIY recipe an absolute diet-win, as one serving counts as just one Healthy Fat, one Lean Protein and one Good Carb on your South Beach Diet meal plan. Full of plenty of nutritious ingredients, be sure to log your Shredded Chicken Chili in your South Beach Tracker App to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your Shredded Chicken Chili right here > Learn all about how our free tracker app can help you lose weight by checking out Want to Lose Weight? We’ve Got an App for That >
Our DIY deliciousness doesn’t end here! We’ve got a ton of recipes waiting for you to try. Check out this simple and healthier version of Easy Chicken Parm > or this hearty recipe for Garlic Soy Grilled Pork Chops >
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 16-oz. can black beans (no salt added)
- 1 16-oz. can kidney beans (no salt added)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (no salt added)
- Two 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro to top
- 1/4 avocado to top
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- In a large pot or crockpot combine beans, canned tomato, onion, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and homemade taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred with a fork or tongs. Return chicken to pot or slow cooker and stir in. Serve with fresh cilantro and diced avocado.