Instant Pot Tuscan SoupRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Getting tired of eating the same old Instant Pot recipes over and over again? Add an Italian-inspired meal to your dinner lineup that’s filled with robust flavors and clean ingredients. Best of all, this Instant Pot Tuscan Soup recipe is ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes.
Whip up this light yet hearty soup that’s packed with comforting ingredients like tender chicken sausage, crispy kale and sautéed garlic and onions. We simmer it all in a creamy, dreamy chicken broth and top it off with grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Your family is sure to love this delicious dinner that provides the classic Italian flavors they love.
Grab your Instant Pot and set it to sauté mode. Add one pound of hot or mild chicken sausage with the casings removed. Cook the sausage until it’s lightly browned, about five minutes. Be sure to break it up with a spoon while it’s cooking. Next, add in three cloves of minced garlic, one large chopped onion and one teaspoon of dried oregano. Stir constantly for about three minutes until the onions become translucent. Pour in six cups of chicken broth and a half-cup of sun-dried tomatoes. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
Now that the main components of your Tuscan soup are in the Instant Pot, set it to Manual High Pressure for five minutes. When it’s finished cooking, do a quick-release. Once it’s finished releasing the steam, set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and add in one bunch of chopped kale (stems removed). Stir the soup for about two minutes until the kale has wilted. Add in three-quarters of a cup of heavy cream and continue cooking for another minute until it’s heated through. Season your soup with salt and pepper to taste and remove it from the heat. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and a quarter-cup of grated parmesan cheese before serving.
The Palm Pro Tip: Want to make this meal vegetarian? Simply swap in a vegetable broth and use a plant-based Italian sausage instead of chicken. You can also pump up the protein and fiber by adding in some white kidney beans. Just make sure to count this addition towards your daily net carbs for the day. On the South Beach Diet weight loss program, you are limited to 50 grams of net carbs or less per day. Learn more about net carbs at the link below:
One serving of this Instant Pot Tuscan Soup contains 270 calories and 9 grams of net carbs. It counts as one Protein and one Healthy Fat on the South Beach Diet program. Feel free to also add a Vegetable serving to your meal by throwing in some extra kale or other non-starchy veggies during the cooking process. Just be sure to log your adjustments in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to stay on track with your weight loss program. The macro tracker feature will keep you in check throughout your journey.
Looking for more comfort food made easy? Enjoy these other delicious recipes that are sure to warm you up:
- Zucchini Lasagna >
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Parmesan Crisps >
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Chicken >
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Soup >
- Low-Carb Meatloaf >
- Chockfull of Veggie Chili >
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry >
Enjoy more tasty Tuscan flavors with our Just Add Eggs Tuscan-Inspired Scramble! Click here to stock up >
We’re here for you! Get convenient meals and snacks delivered directly to your home with the South Beach Diet. Learn more about our meal plans or shop our a la cate store! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 lb. Italian chicken sausage (hot or mild), casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped from stems and chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add the chicken sausage (casings removed) and break it up with a spoon while cooking. Continue cooking until the sausage is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, onion and oregano. Stir constantly until the onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
- Set the Instant to Pot to Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, do a quick-release.
- Select sauté mode and add in the kale. Stir until wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and continue cooking until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, as needed. Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with fresh grated parmesan and parsley and serve immediately.