Easy Chicken ParmRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Crispy, breaded chicken on a healthy diet? Yep! We’ve got a simple, lower carb version of this classic dish. This tasty Easy Chicken Parm recipe keeps all of the delicious ingredients while making a few simple, low carb swaps that make this dish absolutely mouthwatering.
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is coated with delicious almond flour and baked to crispy perfection awaiting the fixins’ that accompany this meal. Spiralized zucchini noodles are combined with pasta to add to this Easy Chicken Parm Dish, and tomato sauce, basil and nutritional yeast top this Italian classic. Who said baked chicken parmigiana couldn’t be enjoyed while living a healthy lifestyle? With a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, you can be enjoying this not-so-guilty indulgence on your South Beach Diet meal plan. It’s the ultimate DIY meal that is certain to become a permanent staple on your weekly menu.
This healthy chicken recipe creates the perfect serving for one. Feel free to double or triple the ingredients to share with the family—it’s sure to be a household favorite!
We have plenty of other healthy recipes to keep your DIY meals delicious (and easy!). For another chicken dish, check out this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry >, or if you really want to liven things up, try this simple Egg Tacos Recipe >
You need more than just a healthy dinner to stay fit. Check out these Five Things to Do Tonight to Lose Weight Tomorrow! >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 Vegetables
- 2 Extras
- 1 3-oz. chicken breast
- 1/2 cup pasta, cooked
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl or large dish, place almond flour and pepper. Mix.
- Dip the chicken in the almond flour mix so that all of the chicken is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken on the parchment paper. Place in the oven and let bake for about 35 min, flipping the chicken over halfway through.
- Boil pasta for 7-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a small sauce pan, add the spiraled zucchini (“zoodles”) and cook on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes. Drain the zucchini and mix in a bowl with cooked pasta.
- Heat the tomato sauce and add to the noodle mixture.
- When the chicken is done, place eon top of the noodles and sauce. Garnish with chopped basil and nutritional yeast.