Greek Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Whip up your favorite takeout dinner with a twist! This unique stir fry recipe is an Asian-Greek fusion, featuring hearty prawns, fresh veggies, Kalamata olives and a sprinkle of creamy feta cheese. If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, our Greek Stir Fry is ready to enjoy in 15 minutes or less.
This simple seafood recipe begins like most stir fries: in a skillet! Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add sliced onions and cook for about three minutes. Next, add in your other veggies. We used a standard combination of thinly sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, sliced zucchini, chopped bell pepper and thinly sliced kale. Throw in your cooked and peeled prawns and cook the mixture for about four minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through, season your stir fry with salt and pepper to taste. Add apple cider vinegar, pitted and sliced kalamata olives, lemon juice and fresh oregano to the skillet. Cook for another three minutes, until fragrant. Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve immediately.
One serving of this Greek Stir Fry contains 314 calories and about eight grams of net carbs. You can count it as one Protein, one Healthy Fat and two Vegetable servings on the South Beach Diet program. Log this meal in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to stay on top of your daily food intake, fluid goals and physical activity. The app even has a macro tracker that will keep you organized and on plan throughout your weight loss journey. Click here to learn more about our FREE food tracking app! >
Healthy Hack: Not a fan of seafood? Feel free to swap a different protein into the recipe. Try this Greek Stir Fry with cooked chicken or grilled steak!
Many people think that prawns and shrimp are the same species. However, according to Healthline, “they are scientifically distinct because they come from different branches of the crustacean family tree.” We love both of them, as they have a similar nutritional profile and taste. Both prawns and shrimp are low in calories while being high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids. They are also rich in selenium, vitamin B12, iron and phosphorus, says Healthline.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to get in your daily Protein servings, shrimp and prawns are the perfect low carb option. These quick-cooking ingredients are very versatile and pair well with a variety of flavors and cuisines. For that reason, we feature shrimp in many of our recipes here on The Palm Weight Loss Blog! Check out some of our favorites below and keep in mind that you can easily swap prawns into any of these meals:
- Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles >
- Avocado Shrimp Burger >
- Zesty Shrimp and Celery Salad >
- Skinny Shrimp Fajitas >
- Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Creamy Shrimp Salad >
- Garlicky Shrimp “Pasta” >
- Lettuce Wraps with Shrimp >
- Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe >
- Jumbo Spicy Shrimp >
- Healthy Curry Coconut Shrimp >
- Shrimp Fajita Skillet >
Get healthy and lose weight with a meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings delicious options directly to your door. Learn more about our convenient meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked prawns, peeled
- 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale and prawns. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, olives, lemon juice and oregano to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately.