Shrimp Stir-FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Featuring fresh ginger and garlic, plus a vibrant mixture of crisp vegetables and tender shrimp, this savory shrimp stir-fry recipe is packed with flavor… and nutrition!
Stir Fry is one of our favorite low carb meals. It’s such a versatile dish: Choose a Protein like poultry, seafood, tofu, eggs or beef, pile on the Vegetables, then smother it in healthy herbs and spices. Just make sure you have all the veggies prepared before you start to cook. Once you’re ready, this dish can be pulled together in 10 minutes tops. (Healthy hint: If you can find pre-cut stir-fry vegetables at the supermarket, you’ll save prep time!)
Pro tip: If you’d like, feel free to add in a Healthy Fat with a handful of peanuts or cashews! They add a nice crunch and are jam-packed with nutrition.
Looking for more South Beach Diet Recipes? Click here for healthy meal ideas! >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1.5 Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 4 tsp. avocado oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 ½ tsp. low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb. medium peeled and deveined fresh or thawed frozen shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut into thin strips
- 8 oz. snow peas, strings removed
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over high heat; add ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, scallions, bell pepper, snow peas, and red pepper flakes and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and remaining soy sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot.