Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Featuring fresh ginger and garlic, plus a vibrant mixture of crisp vegetables and tender stir fried shrimp, this savory shrimp stir fry recipe is packed with flavor… and nutrition! If no one would judge us, we would eat this stir fried shrimp recipe every single night. It’s one of the best recipes for low carb dinners.
Stir Fry is one of our favorite low carb diet meals. It’s such a versatile dish: Choose a Protein like poultry, seafood, tofu, eggs or beef, pile on the Vegetables, then smother it in healthy herbs and spices. Just make sure you have all the veggies prepared before you start to cook. You can also meal prep your vegetables ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal. Once you’re ready, this dish can be pulled together in 10 minutes tops. It’s so simple to throw together yet full of so much flavor.
Healthy Hint: If you can find pre-cut stir fry vegetables at the supermarket, you’ll save even more prep time! If you’d like, feel free to also add in a Healthy Fat with a handful of peanuts or cashews. They add a nice crunch and are jam-packed with nutrition. Use whatever veggies you like or make it a chicken stir fry if you’d rather. It’s perfectly customizable!
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1.5 Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 4 tsp. avocado oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 ½ tsp. low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb. medium peeled and deveined fresh or thawed frozen shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut into thin strips
- 8 oz. snow peas, strings removed
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over high heat; add ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, scallions, bell pepper, snow peas, and red pepper flakes and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and remaining soy sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot.