Shrimp Scampi with ZoodlesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Cook up a classic with a keto twist! Zucchini noodles are the perfect pasta replacement in this simple Shrimp Scampi With Zoodles. Minced garlic, spicy red pepper flakes, savory chicken broth and zesty lemon juice add big flavor and brightness to the rich, buttery sauce. While the flavor is out of this world, the best part about this dish is definitely the simplicity. Because it’s ready for the dinner table in only a few short minutes, you can whip up this pasta dinner with minimal effort after a long, busy day.
One serving of this Shrimp Scampi With Zoodles contains 236 calories and six grams of net carbs. You can log it into your daily food journal as one Protein, one Vegetable and half of a Healthy Fat on the South Beach Diet program. If you haven’t started a food journal yet and aren’t sure where to start, be sure to try out the South Beach Diet Tracker App! It fits perfectly with your South Beach Diet meal plan and provides an organized place to keep track of your food, water, macros and exercise. Learn more about our FREE online tracking app. >
To make this healthy seafood recipe, get started by melting unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the shrimp for about two to three minutes per side. Once the shrimp is pink, transfer them to a plate and set it aside. Add broth and lemon juice to the pan and bring it to a simmer. Stir in the zucchini noodles and return the shrimp to the pan. Continue cooking for about two minutes, until the zucchini becomes crisp-tender. Top your shrimp scampi with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley before serving.
Healthy Hacks: Not a fan of zucchini? Not a problem! There are plenty of other low carb pasta swaps that fit into your keto friendly diet. Check out the link below for nine of our favorites!:
Keep pasta night a part of your weekly menu! Get inspired by our other delicious low carb recipes below:
- You only need six simple ingredients to put together this versatile side dish. Create the perfect base to any meal with our easy recipe for 2-Step Garlic and Herb Zucchini Noodles >
- Thinly sliced chicken cutlets hold together all of the lasagna goodness you love. Enjoy a handheld homestyle meal with our Keto Friendly Chicken Lasagna Cups >
- Who knew that spaghetti could grow in your garden? Dig into perfectly shaped veggie noodles by preparing this easy Cheesy Southwest Spaghetti Squash >
- Throw your favorite protein on top of this creamy, dreamy pasta dish. Zucchini noodles are back and better than ever in 2-Step Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles >
- Grab your mandolin to create thinly sliced sheets of zucchini for this family-style meal. Dig into layers of flavor and keto friendly goodness with Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna >
- We keep this meal keto by using low carb and low calorie shirataki noodles. Use up any leftover shrimp in this tasty recipe for Keto Friendly Garlicky Shrimp “Pasta” >
- Entertain friends and family with an Italian-inspired feast. We serve up almond-crusted chicken parm over more zoodles in our Easy Low Carb Chicken Parm >
Looking for more keto made easy? The South Beach Diet a la carte store is filled with low carb meals that make healthy eating a breeze! Stock up on frozen favorites like our Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Steak and Asparagus, Chicken Roma and Spicy Chicken and Riced Cauliflower. We also have plenty of pantry-friendly treats like Peanut Butter Cookie Bites, Nacho Puffs and Chocolate Ice Crush Shake Mix.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet. >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. tail-on large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ lb. zucchini noodles
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add broth and lemon juice to the pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and return shrimp to pan. Cook 1-2 minutes, until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley before serving.