Avocado Shrimp BurgerRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Succulent shrimp, fresh herbs, avocado oil and pork rinds form a succulent shrimp burger. Serve this tasty patty over a salad with a side of avocado.
We created a unique and keto-friendly shrimp burger that is high in protein and healthy fats. Pork rinds take the place of bread crumbs, acting as a low carb binder for your patties. Cilantro, lime juice and chili lime seasoning add fresh flavor and spice to this healthy burger.
To create these high protein patties, combine shrimp, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, pork rinds, avocado oil, salt and pepper into a food processor. Use the pulse feature to pulse the ingredients until they are incorporated, being careful not to over process them. Form eight equal shrimp burgers with the mixture. Cook them in a pan on medium-high heat in some avocado oil for about four minutes per side or until they are fully cooked. Serve two shrimp burgers on a plate with a wedge of lime and a half of an avocado. If you want to get even more creative, you can turn your avocado into a fresh salsa by dicing it up with some onions and cilantro.
This recipe makes eight shrimp patties, with two patties as one serving. A serving contains 345 calories and counts as two Proteins and one Healthy Fat on the South Beach Diet program. Feel free to serve your patties over a big salad to get in your vegetable servings for the day! You can keep track of your Shrimp Burger and veggies by logging them in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! It’s easy to use and was designed to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Looking for more recipes featuring shrimp? Try cooking up these other ideas:
- Garlicky Shrimp “Pasta” >
- Shrimp Stir-Fry >
- Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Shrimp Celery Salad >
- Tropical Shrimp and Black Bean Salad >
If want to lose weight enjoying healthy and high protein meals, South Beach Diet has a plan for you! Sign up for your program today >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 burgers = 1 serving)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 lb. raw unfrozen shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp. chili lime seasoning
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pork rinds
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 medium avocados, divided
- Add the shrimp, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, pork rinds, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to a food processor.
- Using the pulse function, pulse until all ingredients are incorporated. Don't over process.
- Form 8 burger patties with the shrimp mixture. Each patty should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add remaining avocado oil to a pan and cook burgers over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve two shrimp burgers on a plate with a wedge of lime and a half of an avocado.