Lettuce Wraps with ShrimpRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you love shrimp, you’ll love these delicious and healthy Lettuce Wraps with Shrimp. They pair hot-and-spicy shrimp with cool-and-crispy lettuce. The best part is, by using lettuce wraps, you’re sneaking some extra veggies into your mealtime.
If lettuce wraps are wrong, we don’t want to be right! Featuring tender shrimp, water chestnuts, peanuts and celery tossed in a delightful concoction of peanut oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger—all rolled up in crisp lettuce leaves, this lettuce wrap recipe is as filling as any of its carb-ier counterparts. So long, rabbit food!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Try these other diet-friendly meals:
- Healthy Curry Coconut Shrimp >
- Zesty Shrimp & Celery Salad >
- Shrimp Tortilla Cones >
- Jumbo Shrimp Dish >
- Tropical Shrimp & Black Bean Salad >
- Cauliflower Rice & Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce
- Toasted chopped peanuts
- Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they are opaque. Remove the shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the celery, water chestnuts, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the shrimp to the wok and add to hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the lettuce leaves. Garnish with the peanuts.