Lettuce Wraps with ShrimpRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you love shrimp, you’ll love these delicious Lettuce Wraps with Shrimp, which pair hot-and-spicy shrimp with cool-and-crispy lettuce wraps. The best part is, by using lettuce wraps, you’re sneaking some extra veggies into your mealtime.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce
- Toasted chopped peanuts
- Heat the oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they are opaque. Remove the shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the celery, water chestnuts, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the shrimp to the wok and add to hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the lettuce leaves. Garnish with the peanuts.