Garlicky Shrimp “Pasta”Recipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If your carb cravings are calling, this Garlicky Shrimp “Pasta” will certainly do the trick without derailing your low-carb diet plan.
Made with shirataki noodles instead of pasta, this low carb shrimp pasta dish is the real deal. Smothered in garlicky flavor and packed with protein thanks to succulent shrimp, this easy-to-make meal is bound to become a family favorite.
To make this delicious shrimp pasta dish, simply boil the shirataki noodles for two minutes, remove from heat and rinse thoroughly in a colander. Add the noodles to a hot pan and dry roast to evaporate any excess water. Sauté garlic with butter and olive oil, and add Old-Bay-tossed shrimp to the same pan to cook. Cook each shrimp for about three minutes per side, remove and toss in with cooked pasta. Add white wine to pan and deglaze the bottom, working up the bits with a spatula. Cook until the boiling sauce is fully reduced and add the white wine sauce to the bowl of Garlicky Shrimp Pasta.
Can’t locate the shirataki noodles? No worries! You can easily substitute them with spaghetti squash for an equally enjoyable Garlicky Shrimp Pasta dish that’s also low-carb. Check out these nine low-carb pasta swaps for some other tasty ideas! >
Be sure to log this low carb meal in the South Beach Tracker App to ensure you’re staying on track with your meal plan! Click here to log this recipe >
If you love pasta but are trying to follow a low carb diet, you’re in luck! We have more great recipes that fit into your plan. Get inspired by some of our favorites below:
- Shrimp Scampi With Zoodles >
- 2-Step Garlic and Herb Zucchini Noodles >
- Cheesy Southwest Spaghetti Squash >
- 2-Step Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles >
No time to cook? Enjoy your favorite dishes from our menu of ready-to-go meals delivered right to your door! >
The South Beach Diet has helped people from all walks of life to live a healthier, happier lifestyle. Learn about some of our influencers and South Beach Diet success stories, like Jessie James Decker!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 bags shirataki noodles (can be found in vegan/vegetarian section of grocery store)
- 1 lb. frozen, uncooked shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. old bay seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine ( or seafood stock)
- 4 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Remove shirataki noodles from package and drain in colander.
- Bring pot of salted water to boil. Add the shirataki noodles and boil for approximately 2 minutes. Remove noodles from pot and add back to colander and rinse under cold water.
- Heat large pan over medium heat. Add noodles to a dry, hot pan and dry roast them to evaporate most of the excess water. Once dry, set them aside in a bowl.
- Add butter and olive oil to the same pan. Then add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- While the garlic is cooking, toss the shrimp with the old bay, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and add to the bowl of pasta.
- Add the white wine to the pan and deglaze the pan. Take a spatula and work up the bits on the bottom. Cook until boiling and the sauce reduces.
- Add the sauce to the bowl of shrimp and pasta and toss gently. Top with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!