Jumbo Shrimp DishRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Succulent jumbo shrimp is complemented by bursts of flavor from crispy turkey bacon and juicy bell pepper to create a diet-friendly, filling dish that’s equally easy to make as it is delicious.
Whip up this Jumbo Shrimp Dish for seafood night or meal prep to grab on your way out the door for a long day at the office. This hearty Jumbo Shrimp Dish will satisfy your seafood cravings all while keeping you on track with your healthy eating habits.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 2 strips turkey bacon or Canadian bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. hot-pepper sauce
- 1 pound medium or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Crumble when cool. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet.
- In the hot drippings over medium heat, cook the onion, bell pepper, and celery for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (with juice), bay leaf, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot-pepper sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp and bacon and cook for 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.