Zesty Shrimp and Celery SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This Cooked Shrimp and Celery Salad couldn’t be any easier to make. Just toss cooked shrimp, celery and cucumber in a creamy homemade dressing featuring fresh lime, curry powder and sour cream. Then voila! A delicious lunch or dinner dish that’s as tasty as it is healthy.
In later phases, spoon your cooked shrimp salad onto toasted whole-grain bread for a heavenly open-faced sandwich.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (1 1/2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 2 Extras
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined, and cooked medium fresh or frozen shrimp (thaw if frozen)
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, curry powder and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp, celery, and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.