Zesty Shrimp and Celery SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This Zesty Shrimp and Celery Salad couldn’t be any easier to make. Just toss cooked shrimp, celery and cucumber in a creamy homemade dressing featuring fresh lime, curry powder and sour cream. Then voila! A delicious lunch or dinner dish that’s as tasty as it is healthy.
If you’re in your Maintenance phase or on our diabetes plan, spoon your cooked shrimp salad onto toasted whole-grain bread for a heavenly open-faced sandwich. Just make sure to count it towards your Good Carbohydrates and daily net carbs.
Want to lose weight enjoying healthy, low carb meals? Get started with the South Beach Diet today! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 ½ cups)
- 1.5 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 2 Extras
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ lb. peeled, deveined, and cooked medium fresh or frozen shrimp (thaw if frozen)
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp, celery and cucumber; toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.