Chockfull of Veggie ChiliRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Who knew that a meatless recipe could be so meaty? With a little help from soy veggie crumbles, we created a protein-packed, plant-based meal that satisfies your carnivorous cravings. Power up with plants and stay keto friendly with this fresh, flavorful and fabulous veggie chili.
Make your meal prep easy by preparing a big batch of this recipe! It can be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days. You can also freeze individual portions for long-term storage and defrost them in the refrigerator overnight prior to reheating. To make the meal vegetarian, feel free to swap in vegetable broth.
One serving of this Chockfull of Veggie Chili contains 308 calories and 16 grams of net carbs. Keep track of your net carbs for the day with the Macro Tracker in the South Beach Diet Tracker app! This handy feature is your one-stop spot to check on your daily totals for macronutrients, calories, water and activity.
Fill your meatless Monday menu with low carb, plant-based recipes! Try out these other tasty ideas:
- Tofu Cacciatore >
- Baked Portobello Caps with Melted Goat Cheese >
- Cheesy Southwest Spaghetti Squash >
- Cauliflower Crust Margherita Pizza >
- Mexican Veggie Egg Muffins >
- Green Leaf, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad >
If you don’t feel like making your own homemade chili, we’re here to help! The South Beach Diet makes healthy eating easier with our delicious, fully-prepared meals. We offer three delicious varieties of chili that are ready to enjoy in just a few short minutes. Try our White Bean Chicken Chili, Texas-Style Chili Sauce with Meat and our pre-made, frozen version of the Chockfull of Veggie Chili!
Lose weight and get healthy with nutritious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the South Beach Diet programs >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- ¾ cup veggie crumbles (textured soy protein)
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the zucchini and bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika and chili powder. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the kidney beans, edamame and veggie crumbles. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Divide chili evenly between 2 bowls and garnish with chopped scallions before serving.