One-Pan Beef StroganoffRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Beef Stroganoff is a simple yet decadent dish that can easily be transformed into a low carb feast. While a traditional stroganoff is typically served over rice or pasta, we keep our version keto-friendly and stick to just the beef, cream and veggies. Hearty beef dinners are a staple in your weight loss menu. Stay on plan and prepare a meal that the whole family will love with classic flavors and simple ingredients.
To make this homestyle stroganoff, simmer sautéed steak strips, garlic, onions and mushrooms in beef broth and heavy cream to create a creamy sauce. After about 15 minutes, add sour cream, salt and pepper to the pan and garnish with parsley before serving. Enjoy it over a bed of cauliflower rice, cooked spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini as a low carb alternative to rice and pasta.
One serving of this Beef Stroganoff contains 370 calories and counts as one Protein and two Healthy Fats on the South Beach Diet program. Ensure you’re getting in all of your required grocery additions with help from the South Beach Diet Tracker app! It fits perfectly into your low-carb meal plan and sets you up for weight loss success.
Looking for more beefy meals to satisfy your carnivorous cravings? Get inspired by these other healthy and delicious recipes:
- Southern Style Burger Bites >
- Philly Cheesesteak Boats >
- Simple Steak and Asparagus >
- Stuffed Pepper Tacos >
- Mixed Greens Salad with Steak >
- Adobo Style Steak Wraps >
- Mustard-Crusted Steak >
If you’re not into cooking, the South Beach Diet A La Carte menu is filled with fully-prepared, low carb beef dishes. Try our Steak and Asparagus, Just in Thyme Beef Soup, Sesame-Glazed Beef & Veggie Bowl and Cheeseburger Soup!
Want more easy dinners without the meal prep? The South Beach Diet is the program for you! Learn more about our meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. steak, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. container white or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the steak cubes to the pan and sauté for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove the steak from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms and garlic until cooked and onions are transluscent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the steak back to the skillet.
- Add beef broth and heavy cream to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the steak becomes tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.