Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco SoupRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Looking for a hearty and healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy? Grab your Instant Pot and whip up this zesty taco soup for an easy dinner with minimal clean up.
The Instant Pot is the ultimate weight loss sidekick. This countertop appliance is versatile, easy to use and perfect for making healthy, low carb meals. It’s technically a pressure cooker. However, it can also act as a slow cooker, steamer, food warmer or rice cooker. Add this unique cooking tool to your keto kitchen for easy homemade meals in a pinch.
To make this delicious, hearty soup, get started by setting your Instant Pot to sauté function. Once it has heated up, add two tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté one chopped green pepper, half of a chopped onion and three minced garlic cloves, stirring constantly for about three to four minutes. When the onions and green peppers begin to soften, pour in about a half-cup of the chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits that may be stuck to the bottom.
Add one and a half pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the pot and top with five and half cups of chicken broth, a 10-ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, two tablespoons of butter, two tablespoons of chili seasoning and a teaspoon each of cumin and dried oregano. Place the lid on the Instant Pot to seal and set to high pressure for 14 minutes. Once the cooking time has completed, allow a five-minute natural pressure release, then do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to release the steam.
Once all the steam has released, remove the lid. Move the chicken breasts to aa plate and shred it up using two forks. Set the chicken aside and turn the Instant Pot back on to the sauté function. Add one packet of ranch seasoning mix to the Instant Pot. In a medium sized bowl, combine four ounces of softened cream cheese and about one cup of the soup mixture from the Instant Pot. Use an immersion blender or whisk to combine the cream cheese and soup thoroughly. Pour the mixture back into the Instant Pot, stir to combine and boil for about three minutes on sauté mode. Add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Soup is the perfect lunch or dinner for your low carb diet plan. It’s easy to prepare, easy to freeze and easy to enjoy! One serving of this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Soup contains 235 calories and seven grams of net carbs.
Looking for more healthy soups and stews to add to your menu? Check out these other delicious recipes:
- Simple Chicken Soup >
- Hearty Minestrone >
- Apple-Butternut Squash Soup >
- Cod Chowder >
- Shredded Chicken Chili >
- Mexican Chicken Soup >
- Lobster Bisque>
- Turkey Tangine >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chili seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function and allow to heat. Add the olive oil, then the chopped green peppers, onions and garlic. Sauté, stirring constantly until the onions and green peppers begin to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour in about ½ cup of the chicken broth, then use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits that may be stuck to the bottom.
- Add the chicken to the pot and top with all of the other ingredients except for the ranch seasoning and cream cheese. Place the lid on the Instant Pot to seal.
- Set to high pressure for 14 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has completed, allow a 5-minute natural pressure release, then do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to release the steam.
- Once all the steam has released, remove the lid.
- Move the chicken breasts to a plate and shred using two forks. Set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on to the sauté function and add the ranch seasoning.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the softened cream cheese and about 1 cup of the soup mixture from the Instant Pot. Use an immersion blender or whisk to combine the cream cheese and soup thoroughly. Pour the mixture back into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Boil for about 3 minutes on sauté function, then add back in the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.