Beef and Broccoli Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This cleaned up version of your favorite takeout is the perfect family style meal to enjoy at home. Skip delivery and whip up our 15-minute Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe for a wholesome, low carb dinner that’s filled with immune-boosting ingredients. Even the kiddos will love this one!
Our recipe developers and nutrition experts know that you need quick and easy family meals that fit into your lifestyle. That’s why we’ve created this Asian-inspired dish filled with the simple yet classic flavors you love. A savory, homemade, three-ingredient marinade covers thinly sliced steak and tender, crisp broccoli that we stir fry to perfection. Keep reading to learn how to make this healthy dinner that’s keto-friendly, family-friendly and life-friendly.
The Palm Pro Tip: To make this hearty dish a meal prep miracle for the whole family, double the ingredients. Slice and marinate the steak and chop up the broccoli on the weekend, then whip up a quick and easy meal whenever you’re hungry throughout the week.
To kick off this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry, gather the ingredients that you need for your marinade. These are a quarter-cup of coconut aminos, one teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, two cloves of chopped garlic and of course the marinade recipient, one pound of flat iron steak. Using a sharp knife, cut the flat iron steak into thin pieces going against the grain of the meat. Place all of these ingredients into a large ziploc bag and shake gently to coat the steak in the marinade. Allow the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
While your steak is marinating, start working on the veggie of the hour, broccoli. Cut up two large heads of broccoli into small florets and fill a large pot with water. Bring the water to a boil, add the broccoli and cook for about two minutes. Once the broccoli is done boiling, remove it from the heat and drain it using a colander. Run it under cold water to stop it from cooking.
Once your steak is done marinating, remove it from the bag and reserve the marinade to use as a stir fry sauce. Using a large wok or pan, heat a quarter-cup of olive or avocado oil over medium-high heat and stir fry the beef for about two minutes. Once it’s browned, remove the beef from the skillet and replace with the broccoli. Stir fry the broccoli for about three minutes until it’s tender. Add the remaining marinade and continue cooking for another three minutes. Add the beef back into the wok or pan along with one teaspoon each of fish sauce and toasted sesame oil. Toss to evenly coat all of the ingredients in the sauce before serving.
Healthy Hack: Add more variety, flavor and nutrition to your stir fry by throwing in some other non-starchy veggies that you enjoy! Sliced red bell peppers, mushrooms and sugar snap peas are delicious in stir fried meals. You can also serve your Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry over some steamed cauliflower rice to pump up the fiber and nutrition.
Never heard of coconut aminos? This sweet and savory condiment is “made from the fermented sap of coconut palm and sea salt,” says Healthline. It’s a gluten free and lower sodium alternative to soy sauce. Add this keto friendly staple to pantry to add massive flavor to your meals.
One serving of this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry contains 330 calories and two grams of net carbs. It counts as two Healthy Fats, one Protein and one Vegetable on the South Beach Diet program. Make sure to keep track of this keto friendly meal in the South Beach Diet Tracker app to ensure that you stay within your meal plan guidelines.
Freshly grated ginger and minced garlic provide you with a much-needed boost in your immune system to keep you healthy for the days ahead. Click the link below to find out more keto immune boosting foods:
The Palm Weight Loss Blog is filled with healthy meals the whole family will enjoy! Get inspired by these other delicious ideas:
- Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Chicken >
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Soup >
- Shrimp Fajita Skillet >
- Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza >
- Keto Meatloaf >
- Chockfull of Veggie Chili >
- Zucchini Lasagna >
- Keto Chicken Fingers >
Don’t feel like cooking? Don’t worry about it! Stock up on our Sesame-Glazed Beef & Veggie Bowl >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight. Get started with a South Beach Diet program today >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 lb. flat iron steak, sliced thinly against the grain
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, cut the flat iron steak into thin pieces going against the grain of the meat.
- Place the beef, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic into a ziploc bag and shake gently to coat the steak. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain using a colander. Run the broccoli under cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and reserve marinade to use as the stir fry sauce.
- Using a large wok or pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and stir fry the beef until it's browned, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove the beef from the skillet.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry until tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining marinade and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the wok or pan along with the fish sauce and sesame oil. Toss to evenly coat in the sauce before serving.