One-Pan Thai Stir Fry RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Your favorite takeout dinner is made healthy in a veggie-packed meal that’s filled with fresh flavor! This colorful and creative stir fry features a medley of textures and Thai inspiration. Prawns take center stage as the protein of choice, while onions, mushrooms, peppers and kale are the supporting players. Ginger, garlic, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos come together to create a delicious and nutritious dish.
If you’ve never heard of coconut aminos before now, you’ve been missing out! This diet-friendly soy sauce alternative can pack in major flavor into your meat marinades, stir fry and other hot dishes. “It’s not as rich as traditional soy sauce and has a milder, sweeter flavor,” says Healthline. But don’t let the name fool you, it doesn’t taste like coconut! Try it out in another one of our favorite low-carb recipes here: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry >
Healthy Hack: Serve this Thai Stir Fry with cooked cauliflower rice, spiralized vegetables or shirataki noodles.
One serving of this Thai Stir Fry contains 308 calories. It counts as one Protein, one Healthy Fat, two Vegetables and one Extra on the South Beach Diet program. Be sure to log it in your South Beach Diet Tracker App to stay on track with your weight loss meal plan. Want to add even more Vegetable servings to this healthy and hearty dish? Feel free to increase the amount that you use! You can’t go wrong with more onions, bell pepper or kale.
Simple, satisfying and smart seafood dinners are essential to your low-carb meal plan. Whether you love shrimp, salmon or crab, The Palm Weight Loss Blog has a recipe that you are sure to love! Check out some of our favorite healthy meals below:
- Avocado Shrimp Burger >
- Baked Salmon Cakes with Pesto >
- Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles >
- Blackened Tilapia with Super Slaw >
- Nut-Crusted Fish with Herbed Tahini Cheese Sauce >
- Spicy Mussels with Tomato and Basil >
- Avocado Crab Salad >
- Classic Lobster Salad >
Get healthy and lose weight with a low-carb meal delivery service! The South Beach Diet brings delicious options directly to your door. Learn more about our convenient meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
For even more recipes like this one, check out the book The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked prawns, peeled
- 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon grass, minced
- 1 small green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper, kale and prawns. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, ginger, lemon grass, chili pepper, coconut aminos and scallions to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.