Avocado Crab SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Creamy avocado and sweet lump crab meat are piled atop a bed of fresh green lettuce. Get the recipe for this simple keto friendly Avocado Crab Salad.
Avocados are a versatile fruit that can make any recipe more decadent and delicious. They are filled with healthy fats and are an amazing addition to your keto friendly grocery list. Lump crab meat is high in protein and the perfect companion to the high fat avocado. Together, they create a keto friendly meal that will fuel your day and keep you full.
Get started by prepping your salad ingredients. Drain some lump crab meat while you dice up tomatoes, onions and avocados. Mix together your veggies, crab meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings. You can either include your avocado in this mixture or feel free to serve it separately on the side of your salad. Lay out some green leaf lettuce onto a bowl or plate, then scoop your crab mixture on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
One serving of this keto friendly Avocado Crab Salad contains 250 calories and counts as one Healthy Fat, one Protein and one Vegetable on your South Beach Diet program. Feel free to add in other non-starchy vegetables that you enjoy to reach your five required servings. While you’re enjoying this seafood delight, make sure to log it in the South Beach Diet Tracker App! It’s the perfect tool to help you stay on track with your keto friendly meal plan.
Looking for more recipes to use up your ripe avocados? Check out these other tasty ideas below:
- Keto Friendly Deviled Egg Stuffed Avocado >
- Tomato Salsa with Avocado and Onion >
- Chicken Salad with Avocado >
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding >
- Open-Faced Avocado Tuna Sandwich >
- Creamy Avocado Dip with Rainbow Veggie Skewers >
The South Beach Diet makes keto eating easy with low-carb meals delivered directly to your door. Learn more here! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Vegetables
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- ½ cup plum or roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced fine
- 1 avocado, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce
- Prepare the lump crab meat by draining and ensuring no soft shells remain if needed.
- Mix together crab, tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, seasoning and lemon juice. You can either mix in the avocado or serve it separately on the side.
- Arrange green leaf lettuce on three bowls or plates. Top each with 1/3 of the crab mixture.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.